When the function of the natural tear film in the eye is impaired or if there are symptoms caused by the surroundings, such as extended work at a monitor, it is recommended to get an ample supply of moisture. The use of eye drops can help to relieve the different symptoms of dry eyes and to support tissue in regenerating. Even people who wear contact lenses do not have to forego the use of eye drops and can rely on the products in the HYLO® EYE CARE range.
Tips on the administration of HYLO® eye drops
Only one person should be treated with the contents of a bottle of eye drops in order to avoid possible contamination. Eye drops should only be administered if the pack is still intact before the first application.
More tips on using eye drops from the HYLO® EYE CARE family:
- Remove the protective cap before each use. To do so, hold it tight with one hand while you use the other hand to pull the bottle away from the cap with a twisting motion.
- Before using for the first time, hold the bottle upside down and press lightly on the base of the bottle. As soon as the first drop appears, the bottle is ready for further use.
- To administer, hold the bottle with the dropper tip facing downwards. Place your thumb on the shoulder of the bottle and your other fingers on the base. Use your other hand to stabilise.
- To administer the drops, tilt your head slightly backwards and pull the lower eyelid down.
- The COMOD®-System is activated by pressing the middle of the base of the bottle firmly and quickly. Thanks to this special system, the size and speed of each drop are the same. Dispense the drops into the conjunctival sac.
- Close your eye slowly so that the liquid can spread over the surface of your eye.
After use, carefully close the bottle again and make sure that the dropper tip is dry. During use, avoid contact between the dropper tip and the eye and skin in order to prevent injury and infection.
Eye drops can be used depending on individual sensitivities and advice. Eye drops are also suitable for a prolonged therapy. However, if the symptoms persist or use is excessive (more than 10 times per day), you should visit an eye doctor for advice.
The eye drops in the HYLO® EYE CARE range can be used with hard or soft contact lenses. You should leave a gap of at least 30 minutes between using contact lens solution and taking eye drops in order to avoid potential incompatibility reactions.